If you are hosting a party or needing to bring a potluck dish, I have found some awesome recipes worth trying. Check them out and enjoy!
Asparagus with Prosciutto
1. Wrap asparagus with 2 slices of prosciutto
2. Sprinkle salt, pepper and olive oil on tip of asparagus.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp water
1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
Pam Grilling Spray
1. Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch pieces.
2. Combine the garlic powder, brown sugar, ground ginger, black pepper, oil, water and soy sauce in a medium size bowl. Whisk until combined. Toss chicken in mixture until coated. Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours to marinate.
3. Cut the pineapple into 2 inch pieces. Slice red onion so you have slices about 1 inch long and wide.
4. Place chicken, pineapple and onions on metal skewer or wood skewer, that has been soaked in water, alternating pieces.
5. Spray Pam Grilling Spray on grill according to directions. Place skewers on grill. Turn grill on to medium high heat and cook 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done, rotating several times.
Strawberry Blueberry Cheesecake Icebox
Two 3.4 oz packages cheesecake flavored pudding
4 1/2 cups milk
Two 15.25 oz boxes golden Oreos
1 lb package strawberries, washed and sliced
1 pint blueberries
12 oz Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
1. Make both cheesecake flavored puddings according to directions on package, using 4 cups of milk. Set aside.
2. Put remaining 1/2 cup milk into a small bowl.
3. Dip Oreos in milk quickly and then place into the bottom of a 9×13 pan, making a single layer.
4. Spread half of the cheesecake pudding on top of the Oreos.
5. Add a single layer of strawberry slices on top of the cheesecake pudding.
6. Spread half of the Cool Whip on top of the strawberries.
7. Dip remaining Oreos in milk quickly and place on top of the Cool Whip, in a single layer.
8. Top Oreos with remaining cheesecake pudding.
9. Add a layer of blueberries, reserving about 1/3 cup for the topping.
10. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
11. Chop the remaining strawberry slices and add those and the remaining blueberries to the top of the cake.
12. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
Rooibos Tea Cocktail
1 cup boiling water
2 rooibos tea bags
4 orange slices
1 cup fresh apple cider
1/2 cup orange juice
4 packets sugar
18 ounces hard cider
3 ounces brandy
1. Pour the hot water over the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and chill the tea.
2. Place the orange slices in a large pitcher. Using a long wooden spoon, mash the fruit lightly. Add the chilled tea, fresh cider, orange juice, and sugar and stir to combine. Add 8-10 large ice cubes. Pour in the hard cider and brandy and stir 3 or 4 times. To serve, place 4 large ice cubes into Old Fashioned-style tumblers and fill each three-quarters with the cocktail mixture.